Summary/Objective: The Continuous Improvement Engineer provides support to the organization in meeting overall goals and objectives as well as growing and developing the business. This position drives continuous improvement projects and supports developing a lean culture while meeting goals for safety, quality, delivery, and profitability. Additionally, this person supports the CI Manager with strategic activities, developing and tracking improvement metrics, establishing standards across the company, and achieving operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating/functioning reflective of the company Quality Management System and customer certifications/flow downs relevant to the position.
- Responsible for providing leadership, communicating the plan, providing feedback, identifying/assisting in solving issues.
- Supports company policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and good manufacturing practices.
- Drives continuous improvement measurables that effectively support meeting or exceeding company objectives and goals.
- Assists with root cause investigation and corrective action plans.
- Assist in developing plant layout by planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment, and operations for the best utilization of resources.
- Identify – Research – Design – Implement new processes technology, methods, and manufacturing equipment to improve process flow, increase capacity, improve quality and reduce production flow inhibitors.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve the value stream and leads 5S within the company.
- Drives and implements continuous improvements through lean tools, researching new technology, industry data, and developing resources to remove/manage the eight wastes.
- Support other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree and/or relevant work experience in a continuous improvement or an industrial engineering environment highly preferred.
- Must possess strong internal and external communication skills.
- Ability to influence others without formal authority. Partners well across functions and groups in all areas of the business. Able to effectively negotiate and discuss areas of concern.
- Must have a practical understanding of engineering drawing interpretation, experience with AS/ISO, and EAR/ITAR is preferred.
- Must be able to work with little to no supervision after the initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative and self-motivation. Must consistently demonstrate informal leadership and excellent work ethic.
- Experience with manufacturing systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices preferred.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and problem-solving/analysis abilities.
- The ability to teach and train others in Lean as needed.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of customer and company information.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including various software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Represents the voice of the company on and off-site.
Post-offer drug screen and background checks are required
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER.
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFITS
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.